Wednesday 9 November 2011

Stairs, coincidence, bad paws... Nurhan's take

Nurhan's take:

Kin has started venturing up the stairs... sadly I haven't had a camera at the right place at the right time to take a photo, or preferably a video clip, as his efforts are really entertaining. So far his high point is about 3/4 of the way up the stairs, just enough so if he lifts his head up he can see up on the next floor... then he manages a precarious 'three point turn' and goes back down the stairs, it's very bizarre and slightly hilarious! Wonder if this evening he'll manage to do one of the things that I really miss that Karma did:

Karma slept downstairs but once a night he'd do his rounds. You'd hear his heavy footsteps coming up the stairs, your body had been conditions to get in the center of the bed (clear of roaming tongues), the bedroom door would crash open, the big head would rest on the edge of the bed, then he'd walk around to the other side of the bed and check there. Once he'd decided that all was good, you'd hear him plodding back down the stairs and then a muted bang as he lay down for the rest of the night. The only change to this schedule was if I was upset (like when I lost my father), then he opened my bedroom door, and the bathroom door (probably to create a draught) and he slept with his head looking in towards me (and there is something so peaceful about a dog snoring).

In a smack in the face by irony, after writing this Kin started to howl in the garden!

Speaking of Karma, both he and I were operated on the same leg in the same year, him first. I'm hoping it's a coincidence but Kin has damage to his pads under his right (stbd) paw, then a week after he got the pad damage, I managed to knock a glass off the kitchen surfaces, went to grab it and broke it on the edge and now I have similar cuts on the palm of my hand (or my right 'paw'), i.e. same paw! I'm going to have a word with Kin to ensure he doesn't do anything else as I'd rather not check to see if this is just coincidence or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment