Tuesday 28 June 2011

Nurhan's take:
Kin has now developed that Newfie urge, that when he sees water he has to go and jump in... and then come out and try and 'share' it with you... which can be downright disconcerting. Like Karma before him he also is beginning not to like being picked up... which has caused some issues. Not least of which is that he's not allowed to climb the stairs in my house... and so now refuses to climb the stairs at a friend's house, so even when he was up the stairs, he refused to come down and didn't want to be carried... this led to much 'hilarity' and comments such as "when selling the house, you'll have to say that the dog comes with the house!" Unlike my friends cat who really can be quite nippy and had no problem with the stairs.

'Sheep TV' is still a 'top channel' and another thing that I am going to have to look at changing!

The year before Karma died, I needed to replace a pair of trousers that I used for dog walking. I'd originally bought the trousers as outdoors trousers, thus I could 'accept' the 1000 NOK price tag... The trousers turned out to be crap for outdoorsy stuff, but excellent for dog walking and lasted eight years of regular usage, and thus 1000 NOK seems good... and so I bought a second pair to replace them... this pair is crap. I took them back to the shop and complained. They sent them off to the company and then told me that my trousers had come back... Spent three weeks arguing over the 150 NOK repair bill. I'd just like to say that Intersport at Østervåg spares NO effort in helping their customers. Which prompts me to say if you receive any customer service in Norway, you are talking to a Swed... Except the trousers are Fjell Raven (Swedish brand) and I received customer service from Japan Photos... bought a pocket camera from them to replace the Nikon that I broke the screen on. After trying this camera for the best part of two months, I'd come to the conclusion that it was crap... no colour depth and 1/2 the pics were blurred. Went into the shop, chap in there tested the camera against my old Nikon (that still works, you just can't see what you are pointing it at!). Tried four cameras and I bought the one with the best picture (small price increase). They took the other camera back, no questions asked and were really very helpful. New camera is a Canon IXUS 115 HS. One other thing that they told me is that the problem with lots of the instamatic cameras is that they can't physically write to the card fast enough, which is why some of the cameras with less mega pixles actually take better photos! And for the record Helly Hansen make excellent things from thermals (especially) to dry suits, (haven't tried their trendy stuff and have deep misgivings of them 'dumbing down' but being using Helly Hansen Lifa for years and it's excellent. My HH drysuit lasted the longest of any of my suits and was also the driest. (Devold are crap, don't waste your money, expensive and undurable... just like Fjell Ravan).


Here's Kin carrying a balloon, without puncturing it, demonstrating the gentleness of the breed...




 Keeping him out of water can be a problem at the moment... Today I had him down to a jetty and in he went, was about to throw a ball for him when I girl in the process of changing from child to adult dives in and then screams and says she's scared of dogs... Ummmm Duhhhhhh she saw him before he went into the water... why did she dive in?! Now he was heading for her anyway and she's making more noise, which he's obviously going to investigate... She wouldn't swim away from him, so by now I'm down to my boxers ready to go in, when he turns around and heads back to shore... he wasn't tired, for some reason he decided not to swim to her... no clue why, but was quite happy as I wasn't planning on going for a dip).



I'm happy to say that he has Karma's 'patented' feather duster tail.


And he's happy to explore... even today's thunder, &  lightening didn't phase him much.

No comments:

Post a Comment