Thursday 7 July 2011

Swan, work, & play - Nurhan's take:


Nurhan's take:
Kin is tending to be spending more and more of his time in the water. And we can also walk further now, which is good.
 As I like exercise as well!

You know how some folk just seem to go out of their way to cause trouble...
Here we were minding our own business when along came this over opinionated duvet stuffing, huffing and generally being pompous. Kin was curious but the evil bird stayed out of the way.
 Just after this photo was taken, Kin turned around to head back to the shore and the evil bird, spread it's wings and jumped on his back. Now Kin is seven months old and had not experienced anything like this before. He ran out of the water, but his bark was one down from 'you are now dog meat', to 'I am seriously p_ssed, slightly unsure but if you are still behind me, you are dog meat'. Evil bed stuffing was heading off in a different direction. Sadly I didn't manage to get hold of a heavy stone fast enough, and evil bed stuffing was just out of range.

This does have the side effect that Kin will probably not be so genial next time he meets a Swan, and for self preservation purposes, if I was a swan I wouldn't pick on an animal that has a mouth that reflects a rather well stocked knife draw.

Kin for his part was a bit jumpy for the next ten minutes and did jump and look over his shoulder at the sound of air molecules colliding too loudly; but after that he was good.

On the plus side we keep bumping into deers and Kin doesn't seem to be too bothered by them (which is strange as sheep tv still keeps him rivitied):
One thing that I've never seen is a calf deer. We almost literately bumped into a mother and calf. The calf was the size of a kitten with legs that were about 250 mm long, way cuter than Bambi could ever be and five metres away.

On the down side, I'm spending more and more time working. Now I quite like what I do, I just don't like how much of it I do. I am paid for 7 1/2 hours, and would be happy to work that, I'm not happy to work ten hour onshore days and weekends. Would very much like to find some middle ground, which probably means changing jobs; which is a pity as I do derive satisfaction from what I do, but I don't live to work, I work to live. On the plus side work has given me a laptop which gives me full access to the work servers from home:
So a lot of the overtime I can do from home, which Kin isn't too chuffed about as he'd rather I was playing with him. So far he hasn't suffered, it just means I have no 'me' time, I am either working, sleeping, or catering for Kin.

Every now and again we get visits, these mainly exist of folk coming over and asking for Kin, I'm just here to open the door! Here are Eira & Isacc (one day I'll learn the correct spellings).

Eira now refers to Kin as, "the MONSTER". But as you can see she doesn't treat him as such!

Kin is surprisingly gentle with them. Bearing in mind that he's a seven month old puppy and prone to being boisterous, but somehow he knows/has learnt to tone it down with them. They enjoy playing with him, he loves it, and it's great for me as who know's one day maybe I'll manage to produce offspring for him to protect and play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment