Friday 28 January 2011

Baths and dryers - Nurhan

Yesterday I tried taking a bath. Now Karma would come and open the bathroom door wide, irrespective of draughts. He would then check the water level in the bath, give my face a lick, and then settle down on the floor. Unless my head went under the water, then he'd have to get up and check that I was okay. For those that don't know the breed, one of their main purposes is water rescue work; indeed, potential owners are warned not to get a Newfie unless they are prepared to be "rescued" from the water regardless of if they want to be or not!!!

Well so I could keep an eye on Kin and he on me, I brought him into the bathroom, where he tried several times to climb into the bath! It was highly tempting to let him, but then baths might never be the same again!

Also took delivery of a hair dryer for dogs. This thing (allegedly) blows 4 m^3 of air/minute, has two motors capable of producing 4 horses (although how they fit them into something the size of a vacuum cleaner, I have now idea)!

Now years ago I came up with a good plan when hoovering. Now most of the reason for hoovering was Karma,  so why not 'cut out the middle man' and just hoover him! From that day on, Karma was deeply suspicious of hoovers! Kin seemed to have a similar view on the dryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment